CodeIgniter is a advance PHP framework with a small footprint, built for PHP developers who need a simple and elegant development tool to create full-featured web applications.
CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework – an advance toolkit – for users who build web sites using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to develop solutions much faster than you could if you were coding from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task and saving your efforts and time.
It is one of the best PHP framework in web Application Development. If you are looking for develop the web application in a best way, then the one of good option is web development framework. As compared to the other web development frameworks, Codeigniter Development is fast, reliable and speed wise significant platform.
Why we suggest Codeigniter?
Codeigniter is available with inbuilt library classes for numbers of complicated functionalities. Lets summaries some features of codegniter
- It is MVC (Model-View-Controller) Based System
- By size it is extremely Light Weight
- Available with full featured database classes with support for multiple platforms.
- It offers Active Record Database Support with Form and Data Validation
- It includes security & XSS Filtering, advance session management
- For Mailing it provides Email Sending Class. Supports Attachments, HTML/Text email, multiple protocols (sendmail, SMTP, and Mail) and more.
- Codeigniter includes Image Manipulation Library (cropping, resizing, rotating, etc.), File Uploading Class, FTP Class
- Other features can be listed as Localization, Data Encryption, Pagination, Benchmarking, Full Page Caching, Error Logging, Calendaring Class, Application Profiling, User Agent Class, Zip Encoding Class ,Template Engine Class, Trackback Class
- Platform supports Search-engine Friendly URLs, Flexible URI Routing
- Technically it support for Hooks and Class Extensions
- It is also available with large library of “helper” functions
- Remote code execution:
This feature ensures that the PHP file is not accessible directly by manipulating or running a script, which would compromise the system.
- SQL injection:
A SQL injection occurs when an attacker/hacker exploits the front-end and the post data to retrieve secure data from the backend(database). This type of attack are common on web platform. According to CodeIgniter, it becomes evident that your web application is automatically safe from such attacks. This fact has been proves by CodeIgniter User Manual excerpt : “Beyond simplicity, a major benefit to using the Active Record features is that it allows you to create database independent applications, since the query syntax is generated by each database adapter. It also allows for safer queries, since the values are escaped automatically by the system.”
- XSS Attacks:
An XSS or Cross Site scripting attack is unarguably the common reason for the demise of web applications. A XSS attack works by a hacker crafting a malicious URL into the browser in order to compromise the security of the application. CodeIgniter has a built in XSS filter which is initialized automatically. In order to double check the security threats against XSS attacks, a Firefox add-on called XXS Me (download here) can be used to test the sample application against 96 different types of attacks. The results are shown in the image below. It shows that the all form input fields were not found unencoded, which means the XSS filter within CodeIgniter did its job.
- Other security features:
Other then above, there are a few other security features that developers can apply. Make sure your web application does not allow any two different user groups to access each other’s accounts on the same session.This is possible by having the session data encoded with user id and user type so it can be used to determine if the account belongs to the user whose user data is in the active session.When it comes to storing passwords, the MD5 algorithm should be used to encrypt passwords. Also, if you are using file uploads, make sure the file names are encoded with a random 32-bit string so that private or sensitive information is anonymous.In addition, CodeIgniter’s form validation library can prove to be very useful. Form validation ensures that invalid information is not entered into the database. To provide a double layer of security, the SQL structure can be as such that it each field conforms to the incoming form data by a) type and b) length.
Codeigniter web development platform is fast, reliable, lightweight and more capable.
- PHP framework is an easy debug that allows you easily to get out the errors in your development. Codeigniter Development can extend your PHP coding to get the specific functions through frameworks.
- In web Development, many features are almost the same so that you can describe the same code in different way.
- Codeigniter PHP Development is a most easy way to utilize a modular programs.
- Codeigniter PHP Development is compatible with most web servers, numerous operating systems and platforms.
- For many relational database management systems, PHP can be used.
- In worldwide, PHP developers are located and without any difficulty with Codeigniter PHP development you can find enormous amount of support through forums and blogs.
- Codeigniter has an outstanding performance as well as presentation.
While configuring the PHP framework, Codeigniter is famous among developer because of effort investment.